Welcome to the AAUW La Crosse website.
Our meetings are the second Saturday of each month from 10:00am- 11:30am. Please see the "Programs" section below for information about topics and locations of the meetings.
The 2014 Scholarship information and applications have been uploaded and are available for printing! Please click on "About our Branch" and follow the "Scholarship" column to the very end. You will find the applications for:
1) 2014 High School scholarship 2) Janet K. Isler Memorial Scholarship 3) Karen Wilson Memorial Scholarship
4) UW La Crosse Scholarship 5) Viterbo Scholarship 6) WTC Scholarship
Also on the "Home" page, you'll find:
Calendar of Events
AAUW Mission Statement
AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research.
AAUW will be a powerful advocate and visible leader in equity and education through research, philanthropy, and measurable change in critical areas impacting women and girls.
AAUW Value Promise
By joining AAUW, you belong to a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers so all women have a fair chance.
Why Care About AAUW?
AAUW (formerly known as the American Association of University Women) is a nationwide network of more than 100,000 members and donors, 1,300 AAUW branches across the continental United States, Alaska , Hawaii , Guam , and Puerto Rico and 500 college/university institution partners.
For 130 years, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political. Our commitment to our mission is reflected in all aspects of our work.
AAUW members enjoy opportunities to network at the local, state and national levels, sponsor community action projects to promote equity, serve in leadership positions, and lobby local and state legislators on AAUW priority issues.
Membership Benefits Also Include:
- Stimulating Programs, Projects and Study Groups
- Shared Values and Interests
- Informative Local, State, and National Publications
- Expertise and Representation on Education and Equity Issues
- Financial Resources for Education
- Leadership Training Opportunities
- Monthly Branch Newsletter